Monday, August 23, 2010

The Email that Changed it all...

The family for my H.S. Graduation in 2005
Today, while headed home from work for lunch, I received an email from the Zeta Tau Alpha General Advisor here at Mississippi State. Some of you may not know but I was a Zeta while at UNA. It helped me achieve some of my greatest fears while also making me want to walk away and not having anything to do with it at the same time. Well... I am now the membership advisor to a wonderful chapter. I enjoy spending time with these wonderful girls and also have gotten through some tough days (many of which they have no idea) because of them.

I was looking for something to my Mothers two year anniversary of her death (this will be September 3rd).  Something that would make a difference, something that will actually help with this horrible disease that took my mother's life (She died from Breast Cancer after a 11 year battle). Isn't it amazing how God puts things right in front of you when you ask. He did just this today. I received an email from Jennifer, the GA, and it hit me. I am going to do a year long campaign doing everything I can possible do to help with Breast Cancer Awareness and Education. In doing this I will help educate and make the Gamma Zeta (local Zeta chapter here) Girls help me along the way. I will get the girls to go with me or support me in helping make things for the event. This will be an awesome way for me to help achieve my goal while letting them benefit OUR philanthropy, Breast Cancer Awareness and Education.

So first on the list is.....
The Pink Heels Tour - October 2nd -  Starkville, Mississippi
New Orleans Saints Think Pink Game - October 3rd - New Orleans, LA
*Lauren better get ready to drive all night so we can make both!!!
Race for the Cure - October 23rd - Tupelo, Mississippi

Throw in a couple of Mississippi State Think Pink Games with Volleyball and Soccer and a couple of local events and It will be a fun filled September and October!

2 comments:

  1. I am ready to go right now!!! You already know I can swing this bc I did it last year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you Court! I know your mother wouldn't be in the least bit suprised with the wonderful young woman you have become. You share her spirited, go-getter attitude, and you will no doubt do phenomenal things in life including this work against such a horrific disease. I love you CLC!

    ReplyDelete