Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Powder Puff Football

Catherine and the juniors
So, since I am writing a Blog about Breast Cancer and my year long journey, why not include everything. Right? We will see how well this last statement goes but I thought I should talk about the benefit that is held in memorial for my mother every year at Corinth. It is a local powder puff football tournament between the class at Catherine's high school. Catherine is now a junior and I have included a picture of her with some of her friends. The tournament raises money every year to fund the local scholarship given in honor of my mother in May. We had enough money raised last year to give out the first scholarship to a young man that I think was very qualified.

All this being said.. I am overwhelmed by all the comments, thoughts, prayers, etc. I have received about what I am doing. I love my mom and each and every day I am more and more thankful for the wonderful 21 years I got to spend with her. I am not going to say that each day gets easier and easier. Everybody that has lost somebody knows that you have good days and you have bad. I just feel that God has now put me in a place to be able to take the sorrow and joy and put it into something for the greater good.

I am super excited about this year long journey and the more I think about it, the more excited I get. I know that there are very tough times ahead as well as time of joy. This being said I know that God will put in a place to meet so many special people that have been effected by this terrible disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment