Monday, May 2, 2011

Filled with so much excitement!!!

Where to start. First of all I don't blog much so I guess I am going to have to start because it looks like a lot will be changing in the Coleman household. First and foremost dad is no longer the only male. Yes... You have read right. Jonathan and I are engaged and so happy. I don't think I have ever been this happy and having a birthday and being engaged all in about 5 hours was almost more than I could handle.

For those of you wondering, Jonathan and I have known each other our whole lives. Yes, all 24 years. When people ask Jonathan how we meet he always tells them I use to push him off of his tricycle. Which I have a hard time believing because he was always the one getting in trouble. But to be honest we have crossed paths before but wasn't really until around my 23rd birthday that we really got the opportunity to spend time together. We stayed hanging out and spent a lot of time together. Some people call it lucky finding that special person but we know it is by the grace of God. The best thing about our relationship is that two families aren't becoming one, they already are one. Jonathan and I were probably the furthest away yet somehow God brought us to be the closest.

When calling my grandmother this morning, who to be honest was probably more excited than anybody else, she really reminded me that it is God's timing. Not ours. She told me "you know Jonathan has always called me MawMaw, I guess we know why now." This really remind how blessed we have to be for the people in our lives and I am so blessed to have Jonathan. There have been so many nights I have been ready to shatter but he has always reminded me of what I have to be thankful for.

Even though my mother is no longer with us I am so thankful she had the ability to know Jonathan and so thankful knowing she was watching from above last night with a smile!

So to close things... We are so best to know what it is like to find that special person God has put on this earth for you. We haven't set a date. We are just enjoying this special point in our life.


No comments:

Post a Comment